Saturday, April 27, 2013

One more week....

I am lying in bed in this flat for the very last time on a Saturday morning- I can't quite express how much I won't miss this living situation! Goodbye foam mattress with wooden planks sticking in back, and goodbye maggots searching for my food, and goodbye mould growing on most of my things... Yes, this time next week I will be chilling in Paris (hopefully with a certain Ravster) awaiting the Eurostar to bring me home!

I am half way through my "last days" at the schools, although having 5 different ones, this is taking some time! I got a surprise on wednesday, when one of my classes had organised a suprise party with balloons party poppers drinks, cake and even presents! I know have lots of children-made jewelry and some souvenirs of Guyane- saves me buying them! They even made me a card with a picture and all of them had signed it. Nice! I was buzzing as I walked to the next class... what was in store.... Well, turns out what was in store was a fight between 5 boys, no-one listening and a teacher that didn't care... classic French Guiana- oh well, it was nice when it lasted.

My second last -day, they didn't even know it was my last day until I told them at the end - no party there then! And on friday, turns out I was in charge of making the party for myself! Phew- good job I had thought ahead and bought some balloons, speakers and sweets (albeit not enough for everyone- they are well expensive here- poundland really needs to step in!). We played musical bumps, statues, the balloon game and pin the tail on the donkey and generally had a fun time dancing to one direction and shakira. Apart from the youngest who, for some reason couldn't understand the concept of a game and deciding lying, cheating and arguing was a better option. Well, that made my sweet dilemma easy enough!

Two more last day to go, monday and tuesday and then some private tutoring on Wednesday then I am Outta here (here being St. Laurent) for two days chilling by the pool at Olive-dogs and then the plane on friday. I could lie and say Im going to be sad and miss it- but, er, Im not going to. When the kids ask when are you coming back, how do you tactfully say, "err, never". Don't get me wrong, there have been loads of great things about this year- they just have mostly happened in the holidays, in others places that are not st laurent :S Maybe im being harsh- but the situation here is basically impossible to put into words (apart from the 1000s I have made you poor loyal readers get through). It has deffo been a unique year abroad but all I am thinking about is getting home!

I've already started packing, bit by bit everyday to get me excite- im going for the tactic of throw away as much as poss a) coz its rank and b) to give me an excuse to go shopping when I get home. The hair straighteners have been ordered, the make-up situation will be sorted and soon enough I will feel like a real person again! Im off to the market today for a last lunch of 'nems' (springrolls) and juice... Tonight is the choir concert with a meal after, and then the final countdown begins until thursday morning when I hotfoot it to Cayenne.

Can't wait to see people! Ahhhhh!
Polly J is on her way :D









No comments:

Post a Comment